Chennai Lockdown News Today: Tamil Nadu CM denies rumours about intensified lockdown in Chennai; govt informs same to HC | Chennai News


METTUR/CHENNAI: Tamil Nadu chief minister Edapapdi K Palaniswani on Friday denied rumours about an intensified lockdown in Chennai and its nearby districts for 15 days from June 15 to 30 to curb the spread of Covid-19.
“A message circulating on social media with my photo is a false one. Criminal action will be taken against people who circulate the false message,” the chief minister told reporters at Mettur in Salem district. The chief minister was in Mettur to release water from Stanley Reservoir.
Meanwhile, the government on Friday informed the Madras high court that it had no plan to implement complete lockdown in Chennai and in other parts of the state.
Additional advocate general S R Rajagopal made the submission responding to the question raised by a division bench of Justice Vineet Kothari and Justice R Suresh Kumar on Thursday.
“Cases are increasing in Chennai. We have taken stringent steps to contain the spread. But so far there is no proposal to implement 100% lockdown. We are containing streets where cases are high by restricting movement of people,” Rajagopal said.
To this, the bench asked whether reports of people being denied permission to move out of Chennai and also about authorities denying e-passes were true.
“All such reports are rumours. We are issuing e-passes. District collectors concerned are issuing such passes,” Rajagopal said.
CM warns of action against schools
The chief minister said some private schools in the state were collecting fees from the parents during the lockdown period. “We are requesting the parents and the public to lodge complaints against such schools. We will take strict action against the schools,” he said.



Source link

Leave a Reply