EA has revealed some of the new modes and mechanics coming in Madden 21, as well as screenshots, and its cover art featuring Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Madden 21 will see the return of last year’s Face of the Franchise mode, now subtitled Rise to Fame. Pitched as a “documentary career campaign”, Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame will let players create a high school quarterback and play through their rise through the footballing ranks, taking in high school, college, NFL Combine, NFL Draft and the league itself. Out of the high school section, you can choose to pivot to running back or wide receiver.
Per a press release, the game will also feature the following mechanical additions:
- “Improved ball-carrier mechanics for all out control in the running back and receiver positions.”
- “Enhanced D-Line mechanics that add new control to make the pass rush positions more responsive, and fun to play.”
- “Realistic Open-Field Tackling allows for clutch defensive stops.”
- “New player-controlled celebrations.”
- “Outside of all the new control players will have in-game, some of the biggest changes will arrive in the overall authenticity and presentation with new on field camera shots and improved player awareness of their positioning and surroundings on the field”
[widget path=”global/article/imagegallery” parameters=”albumSlug=madden-nfl-21-5-new-screenshots&captions=true”]
The game will be released on August 28 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC via Origin and Steam – it will arrive on Google Stadia this winter. Those who pre-order the MVP Edition will get 3 days of early access to the game, a Lamar Jackson Elite Item and a number of other in-game items.
EA has also extended the offer to upgrade from the Xbox One or PS4 version of the game to an Xbox Series X or PS5 version – if you buy the current-gen version of the game before the release of Madden 22 next year, you’ll automatically be upgraded to the next-gen equivalent version, with extra enhancements for next-gen.
Preorder Madden NFL 21
- Get it for PS4/PS5 – $59.99
- Get it for Xbox One/Series X – $59.99
- Get it for PC – $59.99
- See preorder guide for Deluxe and MVP editions
You can check out the game’s new style of cover art below – we’ve got the Standard Edition, Deluxe Edition and MVP Edition to show you:
[widget path=”global/article/imagegallery” parameters=”albumSlug=madden-nfl-21-new-cover-art&captions=true”]